We made it to the weekend! Phew, what a week is has been. I know some of you have been crafting everyday along with me so I know you must be as tuckered as I am. So, to give us a little crafty break I'm challenging you to create a card with lots of white space. Yes, I'm giving you the freedom to design a plain, clean and simple card. In fact, I insist you do so.
Let's get started...
When designing this card I had all these plans of making of it one layer with embossing and inlay die-cutting and basically every technique you could think of. But, sometimes you just can't quite recreate the design in your head...because you have no idea where your rubber embossing mat went. So, alas, I ended up with today's card which I still love but it has a few more layers than I originally wanted.
To start I die-cut the smallest stitched rectangle from my Find the Beauty Die Set. I also die-cut one of the flowers, flower center, and three of the "hello". I stamped out my flower pieces from Find the Beauty using some Catherine Pooler inks in Party Dress, Rockin' Red, Tiara, Orange Twist, and Icing on the Cake. I also pulled in Lime Rickey and Grass Skirt for my leaves which are from my Cozy Cardinal set. I just liked the scale of these leaves better for the design...I know, so extra.
Along the bottom of the stitched panel I used some Mint to Be ink on an ink blending tool and sponged on a light layer of color. This helped add some color to background and give some contrast for my "hello" die-cut to lay over. I adhered all my pieces over top with either foam tape or tape runner adhesive.
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $20 gift certificate to the Right at Home shop!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #6 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase! Code will last from today until next Tuesday at 11:59 pm EST.
I'm the only one posting today so make sure to join in so I'm not lonely...lol. Today would be the perfect day to do so as it is such a simple challenge. Unless you're more of a complex cardmaker which would make this challenge difficult. Nevermind.
Anyways, I'll see you back here tomorrow!