I've always found setting goals to be challenging. It seems impossible to me to come up with a whole list of things you want to do in the coming year. But what if I change my mind? was always the thought that popped into my head. However, after reading through a slew of posts by goal-setting queen, Elise Blaha, I realized that getting something down onto paper is better than starting the new year without any idea of where you want to go. To make myself accountable for these goals, I figured I'd share a few of them here with you.
I've split my goals into a few categories that relate to different aspects of my business and life. I've also generalized a few of them to make them not so boring to you!
- Expand my product line to more than just stamps and dies
- Collaborate with other companies in our crafty community
- Build lasting relationships and friendships with others
- Improve quality of photography through practice
- Release new products each month
- Give back to those who show so much support to me
- Expand my clientele through larger accounts
- Check-in on progress monthly // Add new goals if necessary
Writing down your goals not only keeps them fresh in your mind, but also acts as a guide for your actions throughout the new year. You won't have to worry about forgetting something as you will have it outlined for you already. You may be surprised when in a year's time when you look back at that list, how much of it you actually accomplished. I can tell you from my own experience that writing down your goals does have an effect on your attitude towards achieving them. Write them down! Let's do this!
What are your goals for the new year? Anything daunting or exciting? Let me know in the comments below.