Welcome to day #5!
Eek! Can you believe it's already been five day? This celebration is just flying by. *insert sad face emoji* BUT there are still three days worth of inspiration lined up so don't be glum, chum! Now, let's introduce today's guest. Please give a big crafty hug to Ruby of A Rare Ruby Crafts! Ruby is one of my newest crafty friends and I am so thankful we met because we seem to have so much in common and cuz, well, crafty friends are the best friends! For our challenge we decided to recreate an old card design.
Let's get started...
Off to the side here is a picture of one of my older card designs. This one was created almost exactly two years ago this month so what an appropriate time to recreate it, huh? This card brings back so many exciting memories as it was one of the first cards I made using my own stamp line. Fast forward to present day and I have an entire collection of items including a coordinating die set that matches this set. At the time I wasn't able to invest in them but now that I've grown, coordinating dies for everyone!
Before I walk down memory lane too much more let me show you my updated design...
I started off this card with a ton of die-cut flowers cut using the Abstract Florals Die Set. It definitely makes creating these flowers so much easier with the coordinating dies. I grabbed out a ton of Catherine Pooler ink colors and got to stamping! All colors will be linked in the supplies list below.
I used a variety of of the different layers included in the Abstract Florals set to build an arrangement of whimsical florals. If you happen to have this set and want a few ideas of how to arrange some of the pieces, you can download my stamping guide here. But, please know that you can mix and match them however you please. That is the beauty and fun of this set!
And now that you've seen my recreation, make sure to head over to see Ruby's! I'll be heading right over there myself.
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $20 gift certificate to the Right at Home shop!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #5 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase!
What do you think of my recreation? Which one do you like better? Nostalgically, I like the original but the dimension of the recreation is amazing. If you want to see the post with the original card I will link it here.