Do you have your tissues ready?
I'm sorry to say this, but welcome to the last day of the National Craft Month Celebration with Right at Home + Friends. I hope you've enjoyed the past nine days of inspiration and video tutorials on my blog and YouTube channel. It's definitely been a journey but one filled with lots of fun and crafty vibes. For the last day of the celebration I'm honored to welcome Joan of Dear Paperlicious.
Let's get started...
Joan challenged us to use a background stamp for our designs and omg I don't think there has been a challenge this week that is more "me". If you've been following along then you'll know what I mean. For today's card I decided to push myself with my creative thinking and try to use a background stamp in a new way.
I used a variety of Catherine Pooler inks in the sweetest of spring hues: It's a Girl, Mint to Be, Sweet Sixteen, Party Dress and Daydream. For the leaves I die-cut them from white cardstock and inked them with Lime Rickey. The centers were inked with Shea Butter. This color works perfectly for flower centers!
I popped the centers onto the flowers with some foam tape and began arranging them on a stitched rectangle panel cut with my Find the Beauty Die Set. I did not glue them down at this point...I just wanted to find an arrangement I liked. I made sure to leave room for my "hello" die-cut which is also included in my Find the Beauty Die Set. Onto the center of the panel I inked with the same Shea Butter color to act as a background for the flowers.
Once my background was inked to my liking I adhered the flowers with liquid glue. I also glued together three layers of the "hello" die-cut to create a dimensional sentiment. Along the bottom of the layered die-cut I inked on some Shea Butter to help it blend into the background. I popped the panel onto an A2 sized kraft cardbase and my card was complete.
You can see how I brought these sweet gingham flowers to life in my process video below...
And make sure to head over to Joan's post to see her take on this challenge. I know she was really excited about her project!
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $20 gift certificate to the Right at Home shop!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #9 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase! Code ends tonight at midnight EST.
If you've been participating in my celebration or just following along I thank you for doing so. This has been such a fun experience for me as I tend to get into creative ruts every not and then. The challenges were a great catalyst for stepping outside my comfort zone and trying new techniques. I hope you experienced the same with your crafting.
Within the next day or so I will be posting a round-up of all the projects shared by me as well some of my guests. I'll also try to include some listed under the hashtag #NCMwithRAH on Instagram and posted to my Facebook group. Make sure to add yours!
Remember you have until April 1st to enter to win one of the over $200 worth of gift certificates available!