Hello Monday, hello day #8!
Yes, 8! I'd love to keep the National Craft Month Celebration with Right at Home + Friends going all month long but, sadly, this party must come to an end sometime. BUT today is not that day! *wipes tears* So grab your favorite craft supplies, brewed drink of choice and help me in introducing Lydia of My Sweet Petunia!
Let's get started...
Lydia chose our inspiration for the day and decided to challenge us to use a water-based medium to create a background. Sounds like something right up my alley! I grabbed a few things that I've been obsessed with lately and used on several cards throughout the week and got stamping.
I started by mounting my Watercolor Background Stamp onto the door of MISTI. I made sure to remove the foam insert in my stamping platform as the background stamp is rubber and already has enough dimension to create a crisp impression. I added a piece of A2 sized watercolor paper into the center of my platform and placed down my magnet to keep it in place while I stamped.
I inked up the background stamp in Mint to Be ink and spritzed it lightly with water to get the color moving. The Catherine Pooler inks are water-based and can therefore be used with water to create watercolor effects. I stamped it onto my background and decided to stamp it again as the color was too light for my liking. Next I rotated my paper and moved it up a few squares on the mat so as to stagger my stripes. I stamped my next layer in Seafoam which I also spritzed with water.
Once my panel was dry I moved on to my flower. I die-cut all the pieces using my Sweet Stitches Die Set. I colored the flower in It's a Girl, the leaves in Green Tea and the center in Shea Butter. I also die-cut three "thank you" pieces from the same die set and layered them with liquid adhesive to create a dimensional sentiment. I adhered both the flower and sentiment to my watercolor panel, glued it onto a cardbase and my was was finished!
Check out my process video below to watch my stamping technique...
And don't forget to head over to the My Sweet Petunia blog to see Lydia's creation. She's a master with water-based products so it's a project you won't want to miss.
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $50 gift certificate to the My Sweet Petunia shop!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #8 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase! Code will last from today until next Tuesday at 11:59 pm EST.
Today was originally supposed to be the last day of the celebration, but one of my crafty friends and I decided to make one more day of inspiration. Because, why not?
Make sure to check back tomorrow for the last day...and, if you've been enjoying this week, bring your tissues!