Welcome to Day #2!
Today I'm thrilled to introduce my first guest of the week...Simon Says Stamp! *cheers* Stephanie from Simon set our challenge for the today and it couldn't be more perfect: Spring Florals. We both decided to use my Anemone stamp set as well for our projects.
Let's get started...
I wanted to use a different color palette than would be expected on this card. I pulled out some inks in varying shades of purple hues along with a few coordinating colors. I used Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Dust and Flirty Fuchsia from Catherine Pooler Designs (now available in the shop!) to stamp my layered flower. I pulled in some Shea Butter for the center and Midnight for the final layer.
I pulled out some watercolor paper, a water brush and an acrylic block. Onto the block I "stamped" some Mint to Be ink and used it to color a light wash on my paper. I covered the entire A2 panel, dried it and added a second layer of color. Once that was dry I adhered my flowers and leaves using both tape runner adhesive and foam tape.
For my sentiment I used one of the quotes from my His Love stamp set. I love these sentiments so much. I white heat-embossed it onto some black cardstock and, once melted, trimmed around it with my scissors. I didn't want to have a thick, black strip cover up all my stamping so I opted to trim it out instead. I layered that over the flowers with foam tape and tape runner adhesive so it would lay flat.
I added some texture to the edges of the watercolor paper by running my scissors along them. This helps add some interest. Then I adhered the finished panel to an A2 card base.
You can watch me create this card in my process video below...
Now that you've seen my card, make sure to head over to the Simon Says Stamp blog to see Stephanie's take on this challenge! Don't forget to come back here when you're finished for more details on how you can participate.
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #2 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase! Code will last from today until next Tuesday at 11:59 pm EST.
I hope you liked today's card! Definitely something different for me as far as the color palette goes but I love the result. I'm sure you have a beautiful floral stamp set in your stash that could use some love. This challenge would be the perfect opportunity to use it!
Can't wait to see your creations!