Happy Thursday to you! It's Lisa, and I am so honored to be guest designing for Right at Home stamps and Nicole this month. I received the Cozy Cardinal set to use, and let me just say now, you should go buy this. It's okay, I'll wait, and trust that you'll come back to look at my card. This set is just absolutely adorable, and I know he'll be getting very inky on my craft desk.
Look at that cute fluffy guy! He was super easy to make, let me tell you how I did it.
- Mark your card base where you want the tail to "hang off" once the card is folded.
- Partially die cut the bird die so that only the tail gets cut.
- Die cut the bird from a scrap piece of paper. You'll use this as the template for your stamping, so you know where each piece of the bird belongs.
- Lay that die cut negative over the card base and do your stamping. I used Distress Oxide inks because I was stamping on grey cardstock and also because I knew their finish would add to the overall feel of the stamped bird.
- Don't forget the bird's eyes, beak and his blush. Yes, he has a blushed cheek stamp. Cuteness overload warning!
- Stamp the branch underneath your bird. Add the leaves on the branches and then the veins in a darker color.
- Apply Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the leaves.
- Stamp and emboss your sentiment. This sentiment is from the new Peace Love Joy stamp set.
- Score and fold your card base.
- Admire your darling card.
I'll be back soon with another project, I can't wait to share it with you.