Tomorrow will be one week since the National Craft Month Celebration with Right at Home + Friends started but oh boy does it feel like longer. I hope you've been enjoying the daily inspiration here on the blog and my YouTube channel. Today myself and my crafty friend Holly of Hollybeary Creations are sharing a project inspired by a challenge meant to help you stretch your seasonal products.
Let's get started...
The holiday item I chose to focus on was my Cozy Cardinal stamp set from my last holiday release. Over the past few seasons I've been stamping him in different ink colors to create a variety of birds. This time around I chose to use yellow hues to create the tweetest spring bird.
I used my MISTI so I could accurately stamp each layer in a variety of Catherine Pooler inks. For his head, tail, and part of his wing I used Sauna. For his body I chose Shea Butter which is the perfect spring yellow. The other part of his wing is in Tiara as are the dots on his tummy. His legs are in Icing on the Cake, his cheeks in It's a Girl, and his teeny little beak in Orange Twist.
Once all my stamping was done I got to work on my background panel. On a large stitched rectangle, cut from my Find the Beauty Die Set, I inked on a light layer of Mint to Be ink. It does take a bit of work to build up this color but the results are worth it. I arranged all my flowers and my bird towards the top with foam tape and tape runner adhesive.
Along the bottom panel I adhered a "hello" die-cut sentiment that I inked with Mint to Be and a touch of Aquatini. I stacked a few additional die-cuts underneath the inked one to add dimension. I adhered the finished panel onto an A2 sized kraft cardbase and my card was finished!
You can watch this tweet bird come to life in my process video below...
And once you're finished watching make sure to pop over to Holly's blog for another spring card created with a holiday item.
More details about this celebratory week...
My idea behind this celebration is offer you loads of inspiration from some of the most amazing crafters and companies in our industry. Each day will present a new creative challenge that you can participate in and, in turn, be entered to win the day's prizes.
Today's prize is a $20 gift certificate to the Right at Home shop!
In order to be entered to win, make sure to follow these steps...
- Create a new project inspired by today's challenge and post a picture of it to one of the following forums:
- Right at Home Facebook Group (in the comments of the day #7 picture with today's challenge written on it, linked here)
- Instagram using the hashtag #NCMwithRAH in your caption and tagging @rightathome
- Your personal blog and add the link to your post in the comments of this blog post (click here to download the challenge banner for your personal blog post)
- There will be one winner for today's prize, I will combine the names from every post I can find on the above mediums and randomly chose the winner (I made participating open in several different ways so as to include everyone who may not have social media, a blog, etc. I hope there is something for everyone!)
- Winner will be announced on April 1st in a new post along with the rest of the winners from prizes given throughout this week
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
If throughout the week you see something I used that you just have to have you can use the code NCM in my shop for 15% off your purchase! Code will last from today until next Tuesday at 11:59 pm EST.
I think this card may be my favorite that I created this week...so far. Colors, flowers, and a cute little bird on a tree branch. What's not to love?
Make sure to pop back here tomorrow for day #8!